Thursday, January 15, 2009

Goodbye, Bushie...

After having listened to W's news conference earlier this week and most of his farewell address (which should have been deemed "Not gone soon enough"), I am amazed that he has still not taken responsibility for all of his faux pas. Sorry, he did admit that "Mission Accomplished" was a mistake. Well, took him about six years to do this. Well, failure is his modus opporandi, after all.

Most upsetting to me is the fact that he still sees no wrongdoing in his actions toward the citizens of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina struck. W claims he got aid to the area immediately afterward. He is a liar all the way around, and we all know where liars go. In fact, I hope there is a special place for him. I don't wish death on anyone, but I hope he has a long, slow painful death as just desserts for the way he treated the people at the Convention Center ("those people"), in the city, and along the Gulf Coast. To have the balls to stand in Jackson Square and tell them that the government is there to help in any way possible to rebuild? Bitch, please... Now, if he just said, "Hey, I fucked up, and I admit I should have done more," I might respect that a bit more. How can one have hindsight if you have led through tunnel vision?

I'll stop here because I am passionate about the city of New Orleans--its people, its culture, its music--and its revitalization and if I continue to go on about W and his lack of leadership, concerning this matter, the War, the economy, I won't stop typing for the next hour.

I will add one more observation. W claims he took office during a recession. As I recall, the .com bubble burst, but it was not a recession. Must have been one of his classes at Yale in which he earned a "C." Bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment